Friday, September 16, 2011

"Ozone Day"

My New Window Decorations! :)

The Corner says I heart you. SO SWEET!
What a day full of beauty! I have actually been told multiple times today that I look beautiful, which was very sweet to hear from girls of all ages. Even the teachers approved of my appearance today in my new Churidar, which is the more traditional women's dress here. The teachers all wear a very traditional silk Sari. I am not quite that formal yet. haha. I love my blue Churidar mainly because it was a gift from Jaimol Kochamma. Today in assembly she leaned to me and told me that today is "Ozone day" so many of the lessons are centered around the thinning of the Ozone layer. I sat in on four class periods today, english, social science, math, and art. In the art class today we made paper butterflies. It was so much fun and made me think of my sorority sisters from college. At the end of the class many of the students gave me their butterflies as a gift! I also had one autograph request today which made me laugh. I am learning more and sharing a little bit more of myself today. I sang "Here Comes the Sun" in honor of Ozone day of course for all the classes. It has been such a joy to be recieved here at Buchanan. I will have pictures for you tomorrow!
Grace and Peace,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Rach, just caught up on all your posts. I am BRIMMING WITH JOY about your experiences so far - it all sounds absolutely amazing. I'm so glad you finally made it and are getting settled in. I love you & I'll be praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete