Friday, September 2, 2011

Between Two Trees

The title of this post refers to the theme of a Senior High Youth Connection in 2008. The conference was held at Austin College as usual, but the theme was particularly meaningful to me. The main message of the keynoter for the week was that we were all in a constant state of living between moments of complete skepticism and moments of complete faith. He went on to ask the group, what would happen if we learned to live confidently and intentionally between that space? What if we could use this "limbo" space as a way to remind ourselves to spread God's love even through the little, everyday things?

I am currently living between two of my own trees. Though I think in some way, God may be telling me to slow down. I am in this strange limbo space between a wonderful (and eventful)  YAV Orientation in Stony Point New York, and my departure to Kerala. My fellow YAVs are already there and loving every minute of it! I am so glad that they are enjoying their time and I absolutely can't wait to join them.

I am in this limbo land because I have been waiting for my Indian Visa to arrive. I also woke up on Tuesday morning feeling very ill. I couldn't quite pinpoint what was causing it, but i knew one thing. I needed to go home while I still could. So we scrambled and found a ticket (even among the crazy hurricane delays) that would bring me home by 9:45 Wednesday morning. The plane stopped in St. Louis and on the first landing, my ears were very uncomfortable. They filled with so much pressure, but by the next take off they were back to normal. The landing in Dallas was another story. My head felt like it was going to explode. I was wincing and  probably looked very over dramatic to my neighbors. I couldn't hear much at all when i got off the plane. At the doctor's appointment not too long after the doctor said  "oh my, your ears look awful. They are severely infected!"  WHAT?! That was crazy news...and maybe a huge sign that I need to take this time to slow down, rest up and get to feeling better before my long, plane ride filled journey.

Today I got some amazing news. My Visa will be on my doorstep tomorrow morning! This short delay has been a rest worth taking. I am healing quickly and so energized to live fully in this time god has given me to rejuvenate. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers! I will let you know when my travel plans start to come together, but hopefully this time next week i'll be Kerala Bound!

Blessings,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment