Sunday, August 14, 2011

Preparation

Wow, It has been so long since my last post. It has been a crazy, wonderful, beautiful, busy summer. My apologies about promising France updates and not delivering. We were not provided Wi-fi often.

My job this summer was wonderful, but simultaneously time consuming. I was a Youth Ministry Intern at Second Presbyterian Church. The highlight of my summer was probably leading a group of 19 kids and 5 adults to the Montreat Youth Conference. It was a blessed week of fun and fellowship. I am truly thankful for the all of the opportunities I was given to learn this summer.

I have had a fun time running around the Dallas area this week like a crazy woman. I realize it was a little nuts of me to think that 2 weeks is enough time to schedule every immunization, appointment, and goodbye meeting into this short of a time span. It has been rushed, but rewarding.

Also, I'd like to ask for prayers for my Indian Visa. I have been struggling with the Houston Office since July 15th to get my visa granted. They still have not followed up since my communication with them on Friday. I am so thankful to have people like Thomas John and Shannon Langely on my side. The most recent hiccup in my visa was solved within 24 hours by my stellar team of support! Knowing that makes me feel so at ease about my journey to India. I am in good hands....now all I have to do is get there.

Overall, I am energized for this adventure. I feel so loved and called to be doing what I am doing. Thanks to all who will follow this blog! I will keep you better updated now that I am preparing for my departure!

Grace and Peace,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment